We have the largest range of Laptop Batteries, Power Tools Batteries, Camcorder Batteries in Australia. Carry Laptop AC Adapters and DC Adapters for over 20,000 different laptops. All our batteries, laptop power adapters, battery chargers are shipping from 145 McEvoy Street, Alexandria, NSW 2015.
How to pick the right Auto(DC) Adapter?
All new laptops come with AC Adapters. Adapters are used for charging laptop batteries and also used to supply power directly. There are occasions which we require to buy an Laptop AC adapter. Most laptop users travel, for those travel to Europe or US they require AC adapters that take 100-240 voltage input and output 16 voltage or 19 voltage.
There are 3 steps to pick the right Auto(DC) Adapter:
(1) Finding the right "tips" - Different laptops have different connectors. You need the right tip for your laptop. This is very simply to find. Basically, Auto(DC) Adapter comprise of 2 ends. One end is male power outlet. You use this end to plug into wall power outlet. The other end is called "TIP" which you will plug this tip into the "DC IN" in your laptop.
Your laptop won't work on the wrong tip. You can only use the " matching Tips"
Warning : DO NOT try to force it in.
(2) Finding the right "output voltage" - Different laptops were designed to consume power varied by equipments such as CD-Rom, LCD size, CPU maker and CPU speed. You require to use the "matching voltage" . Only use the DC Adapter output the matching voltage of your laptops. You can easily locate your laptop voltage. Mostly, voltage is printed on your laptops. You also can check your laptop manual.
(3) Find the right "input voltage" - for those users who will travel abroad especially to Europe and Asia. You would need Auto(DC) Adapter that Replacement with 220-240 voltage also.Always look for AC adapters accept 100~240 voltages.100~240 voltages AC adapters will go with you worldwide. You do not need to carry 2 adapters anymore!.
Better yet! AC adapter manufacturers are now promoting "universal AC adapters"
This emerging adapters can be used with multiple devices. They can accept 100~240 input voltages and also adjust the output voltage to match device automatically.
A laptop charger is considered to be the most valuable accessory of a laptop for without it the battery's energy cannot be replenished. Most of the time we forget to take care for our chargers and just place them in any surface. Often times this action can result to its destruction of the laptop charger if not initially addressed. You may think that it is just alright to simply ignore caring for our chargers but as owners of one, it is our responsibility.
Buying a new charger for laptop are often time consuming because you have to look for it in local computer shops if you do not have access in the internet or do not have a money account on line to pay them. So before consider buying why don't you consider taking care of it? Taking care is easy just follow these simple tips:
- Before plugging the charger in the power outlet, make sure the product is made to fit the voltage circuit requirement such as 110 or 220V. The same goes with plugging the AC adapter connector in the laptop under the specific laptop model your charger serves.
- Place your laptop battery charger somewhere that water cannot reach it to avoid electrocution of the user and the destruction of your laptop.
- Always unplug your laptop adapter when it gets very hot so as to avoid overheating of the equipment. Also, unplug the charger when not in use to also save energy usage.
- When using the Laptop AC adapter for a long time, place it in a surface which allows it cool down or in surface where circulation is possible.
- The laptop charger wire should not come in contact with friction in a sharp edge table for this may cause a tear in the wires covering and later exposing the wires inside.